The Words With Friends team is looking for an Experience Designer with extraordinary visual design sensibilities and mastery of intuitive user experiences to join our growing design team. The Experience Designer is responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that feature appealing visuals, enhance our game design, ensure ease of use, employ premier interaction designs, and improve the overall player experience.
This includes all phases of the design process such as conceptual design/development (the big idea), persona/scenario development, UX flows/navigation maps, wireframes, graphic and interface design, prototypes, storyboards, and asset production.
The Designer will work closely and reciprocally with the entire game team to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, consistency, and most of all, create fun and meaningful experiences for our players.
- Evaluate designs and create original high-quality work. They are responsible for the entire product UX and its features. Works collaboratively with feature stakeholders to develop and ship best-in-class game features for our players under the direction of their UX leadership and Creative Director.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research to inform design thinking. Employ user-centered design practices to deliver extraordinary interactive game experiences.
- Apply an excellent mastery of visual design principles including UI and interactions, style guidelines, design processes, design systems, and creative workflows.
- Consistently generate creative ideas for the product and articulately pitch design concepts.
- Interface and collaborate with the feature team, game studio, and company partners to ensure the user experience reflects player needs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expert in Sketch, Figma, XD, or equivalent software. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and industry-standard prototyping tools (Flinto, Proto.io, Protopie, InVision, XD). Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- 3+ years of related experience in interactive, visual, or brand environments. You have shipped at least one successful mobile or web product end-to-end.
- A degree in user experience, graphic arts, interaction design, human-centered design, or equivalent industry experience in the design field
- Deep mastery of UX principles, user-centered design, and design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams and leading design decisions through articulate and persuasive communication.
- Please provide a portfolio in order to be considered.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.