Senior Software Engineer, React Native - Words With Friends
On our mobile engineering team you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We work on an evergreen franchise called Words With Friends that is just scratching the surface on what it can deliver as a game and social experience.
Zynga and Words With Friends is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and nurture a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Words With Friends the best experience for our players.
What you'll be doing
- Work on Words With Friends mobile in React Native, Objective-C, and Java
- Architect, write, and ship elegant and maintainable code
- Collaborate with your team to build robust systems and UI that looks phenomenal and runs smoothly
What you should have
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience writing native apps in Objective-C, Swift, Java or Kotlin
- Shipped at least one mobile game and/or application
- Experience with source control management and giving code reviews
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team
Bonus Points if you have
- Deep understanding of debugging, profiling and memory analysis tools for mobile development
- Experience with Ruby
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.