Data Analyst 3
What we are looking for is a passion for analytics and data science and the ability to impact game performance through customer-centric, data-driven initiatives. This role will work side-by-side with the Small Giant Games analytics team to identify, and act on, opportunities to increase engagement, retention, revenue, optimization, and to improve the player experience for our customers. Furthermore, the role entails close coordination with the wider Zynga analytics team to provide novel opportunities based on shared insights as well as an introduction to new analytics methods. This role reports to the lead of Zynga’s Global Analytics, a function that focuses on facilitating analytics efforts across the wider Zynga portfolio (Small Giant Games, Peak Games, Gram Games, NaturalMotion, Rollic, and Zynga).
This is a great opportunity for an analytics expert looking to build end-to-end data solutions to generate impactful insights and work on exciting, large-scale projects. Furthermore, you’ll have a chance to tackle a variety of projects ranging from creating intuitive dashboards to owning advanced data science solutions, as well as becoming a thought leader in analytics to facilitate coordination of global initiatives.Lastly, this role requires strong technical analytical skills across a wide spectrum, including strong proficiency in scripting languages such as SQL and Python, telemetry definition and data modeling, data aggregation and manipulation, customer analytics, business intelligence, data visualization, and data science techniques.
- Work closely with the Match-3 organization as well as partner with the studio analytics team with a focus on generating actionable insights and end-to-end data solutions that have a measurable impact on the core KPIs.
- Proactively monitor the performance of the game and new features, producing insightful analysis and data visualizations.
- Engage with the Match-3 organization and partner studio leadership to influence and analytically validate product assumptions and game features.
- Build and maintain relationships with product management, design, marketing, and advertising teams to understand the analytical requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with engineers to drive key strategic initiatives for the improvement of the data and analytics infrastructure.
- Proactively bring forth new analytical approaches and data science solutions to the acquired studios leveraging the broader Zynga Analytics community.
- Masters degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field required.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science or analytics roles; consulting experience is a bonus.
- Strong experience in SQL and Python.
- Skilled in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau.
- Proven experience with the following: statistics, experimental design, data mining, predictive modeling.
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably with Spark, and deploying production-ready systems at scale; familiarity with DataBricks and AWS is a bonus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Comfortable working in different work environments and cultures with ease.
- Able to coordinate complex initiatives with different stakeholders.
- Passion for gaming.
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.