Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Merge Dragons!, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots, Toy and Toon Blast, and CSR Racing.
Zynga’s data science and analytics team uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We continually strive to better understand our players, and provide them with experiences that surprise and delight.
Zynga internships combine learning with impact. During your time at Zynga, you will discover what it takes to build and sustain world class games and will culminate in a capstone project that makes a real impact.
- Work with large amounts of data to find opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Leverage our modern tech stack, AWS (Redshift & Kinesis), DataBricks and PySpark, Airflow, and Tableau to identify opportunities to improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Execute projects on the data science and analytics roadmap, balancing actionable insights to substantially improve core game metrics.
- Apply and evaluate novel scalable approaches to experimentation; Drive and empower game studio to make quantitatively informed, evidence based decisions
- Potentially, work closely with game team to implement and/or maintain machine learning models with Zynga’s games that impact millions of users. Machine learning models may include but not limited to churn prediction models, clustering, forecasting, LTV models, and / or reinforcement learning models.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD preferred
- Able to write effective SQL queries; Strong programming fundamentals in Python, Java or R
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: statistics, experimental design, machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, deep learning. Experience with SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, Keras, and / or PyTorch is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, analysts, and marketing to deliver unambiguous business impact
- Experience in analyzing large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment is a plus.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.