Senior Technical Artist
Zynga is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join their growing team.
The Senior Technical Artist collaborates with a team of fellow technical artists and mobile engineers to effectively implement completed art assets and facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as works to optimally solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
- Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
- Core Photoshop CS6 skills such as compositing, tiling, and export optimization
- Expertise with Unity 3D: shaders, prefab creation, lighting. Bonus: NGUI
- Familiarity with Maya, including rigging, model optimization, and UV texturing
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
- Clear understanding of particle systems and animation processes
- Ability to create quick functional prototypes using Unity
- Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources
- Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
- Strong problem-solving methodology
- Scripting with C#
- 4+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce
- Please send Portfolio samples, which may range from optimization exercises to examples of creative problem-solving within a given art pipeline.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!