Game Level Designer
Zynga is looking for an experienced Game Level Designer to work on a popular Match 3 game. Qualified candidates will have experience on mobile games and are fluent in game design practices and overall game development. This position will be located in Carlsbad, CA, or Toronto, Canada Zynga office.
- Craft, tune and implement Match 3 puzzles
- Create or adapt leading game features to work with an existing game
- Pitch new ideas to the team/ hold brainstorming sessions
- Tune and model complex systems using Excel
- Write copy, names, and narrative elements of game
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
- Work with product managers, developers and artists to oversee the implementation of new features and systems
- Ability to describe user experience stories and create wireframe screens and flows
- Experience or knowledge on Match 3 or similar F2P mobile games
- Proficiency working in Unity
- Expert with math and formulas in game environment
- Strong knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Adept with Excel/spreadsheets
- Passionate gamer
- 2+ shipped games
- Game programming background preferred but not mandatory
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.