Game Capture Artist - Star Wars IP
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, and our mission is to bring engaging, Console-quality action game experiences to Mobile platforms. As a member of our team, you will build engaging video content for our games.
As Game Capture Artist, you will collaborate with a diverse team of developers with backgrounds in PC, Console, and Mobile development. Your responsibilities will include creative and technical work to script, prep, direct, capture, and edit gameplay videos that express the unique identity of our games and studio brand.
You’ll achieve this through a strong passion for video-based storytelling and an outstanding creative eye. We’ll make sure you thrive by giving you the tools and support to take ownership of a wide and ongoing range of video content that will serve as a principal “voice” with our players.
Keeping the health and safety of our employees top of mind, while we are currently operating in a remote working model, our offices remain open for flexible use. We understand each person's circumstances are unique, and will work with you on the best way to join our team during this time.
We are proud that in both 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion and BossAlien were named as some of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build a landmark title. We look forward to meeting you!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience working with video content.
- Strong understanding of applying cinematic filming techniques to game capture, such as framing, camera moves, DOF, lens choice, etc.
- Experienced and comfortable with video editing.
- At home with the full video production lifecycle, from pitch to final editing.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, or similar software.
- Generally knowledge of Game Development and related Tools.
- Comfortable working individually or collaboratively within a cross-discipline team.
- Curious, creative, and happy to problem-solve flexibly while advocating for innovative concepts, designs, and ideas.
- Organised and able to work within a schedule.
- Passionate about video games as an art form.
- Possessing an open mind, low ego, and an eye for detail.
Outstanding candidates will also possess:
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 (or equivalent) tools and workflows.
- Experience with 3D modelling/animation software.
- Live streaming experience.
- A love of competitive action games and eSports in general.
- A passion for Star Wars.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.