Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented communications professional for the role of Communications Manager based in London, responsible for driving external PR for Zynga’s extensive games portfolio across all studios, company culture, corporate profiling and executive positioning.
Are you a self-starter with strong attention to detail? The successful candidate will possess excellent abilities to lead through influence, and an aptitude for and interest in taking intelligent risks. In this proactive communications role, the Communications Manager is responsible for pitching and securing media placements for Zynga and all of our games repertoire - including NaturalMotion, Small Giant Games, Gram Games, BossAlien + more - whilst developing solid campaign strategies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Independently lead the development of proactive media programs and initiatives to support broader narratives about our profile, game titles, executive positioning and company culture.
- Work with Zynga’s PR agencies to identify new trends, publications and contacts for story development.
- Create proactive/reactive content, including messaging, blog posts and Q&A’s for announcements, partnerships, events and profiles.
- Leading targeted speaker and awards programs with a goal of championing the business and its sub divisions as an industry leader.
- Provide PR counsel to internal teams and external partners on communications to lead both expectations and provide educational support on a variety of issues and experiences that impact the business.
- Partner closely with internal teams including the global communications, marketing, HR and studios as well as defined our employee resource groups to seek opportunities for cross-functional story amplification.
- Help us develop and obtain materials and assets for announcement and communications programs that help lead initiatives including, but not limited to, game launches, M&A, corporate crises, game/company profiling, events and social networks.
- Have a strong media contacts network with meaningful publications, work as a liaison and nurture relationships with relevant external partners.
- Be in charge of pitching and media outreach efforts - including research, content writing, brainstorming, planning, finding opportunities, speaker slots - and be a creative thinker across all communications initiatives.
- Should be a self starter and help to drive PR campaigns that deliver impactful results.
- Assist the Head of Communications with administrative duties, reporting, research, travel and strategy planning.
Required Experience & Skills
- PR or communications experience within mobile games or video games.
- Experience in a business and media environment, particularly in consumer technology, digital entertainment and gaming.
- Experience with project management and decision-making, and possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent writer, editor and media strategist.
- Experience pitching media and securing tier 1 coverage across B2C & B2B outlets.
- Deep understanding and passion for technology and video games, and the impact it can have around us. You should be aligned with entertainment and social media trends.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environments, demonstrate maturity, good social skills and calculated judgement.
- Able to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible on a day to day basis with task priority.
- Ability to operate at a deeply fast pace!
- We love a people person! Someone who is able to nurture strong relationships and work in a team environment.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.