Consumer Insights Research Intern
**Please note, this role will be virtual for Summer 2021. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply!**
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular games that are played by people around the world every single day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games including High Heels, Empires & Puzzles, Toon Blast, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga internships combine learning with impact. During your time at Zynga, you will discover what it takes to build and sustain world-class games.
As a Research Intern at Zynga, you will be supporting the primary and secondary research initiatives of the Consumer Insights team. You will work closely with Consumer Insights Managers from end-to-end during the research process for a range of live games and in-development games. You will use and have exposure to various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, learn to interpret and analyze different types of data, and craft story-driven insights reports to advise business decisions across Zynga’s portfolio.
You should have a strong interest in executing research projects from end-to-end, enjoy collaborating with others, and be comfortable presenting information to project stakeholders.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting Consumer Insights Managers in developing and representing the “voice of the consumer” through thoughtful data collection, insightful observations, and careful analysis
- Hands-on experience running qualitative and quantitative research methodologies ranging from UX playtests to online surveys with direct supervision
- Execute end-to-end qualitative research, including managing playtest recruits, observing 1:1 user interviews, reviewing and analyzing collected gameplay recordings, and drafting reports / creating presentations
- Execute end-to-end quantitative research, including drafting questionnaires, managing fieldwork, analyzing data, and drafting reports / creating presentations
- Assist on ad hoc marketing initiatives by gathering player feedback on characters and other art assets
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and consumers
- Strong interest in running custom primary research projects
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to structure and deliver presentations clearly, crisply, and compellingly
- Proven project management skills and willingness to be flexible against a dynamic set of business priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal and external partners
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or higher
- Experience with research, exploring trends, or understanding human behavior is a plus
- Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or SurveyGizmo is a nice-to-have but not required
- Familiarity with SPSS or other data analysis tools is a nice-to-have but not required
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.