Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Embrace Diversity. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company. In this position, the primary role and focus of the Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate will be to develop, qualify and perform ELISA and MSD immunoassays, applied to the Pharmacokinetic characterization of biologics. Experience in the development and application of ELISAs and immunoassays in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment will be particularly useful.
This position will report to the Senior Scientist, Pharmacokinetics and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
As a condition of employment, Zymeworks requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide verification of such.
- Leads routine analysis of biological samples using ELISA, MSD and IP assays with a high degree of reliability, efficiency and accuracy.
- Develops, troubleshoots, and qualifies more complex bioanalytical methods for the characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics.
- Oversee complex sample management including sample receipt, organization, and archiving. Maintains complete and accurate records throughout the process.
- Contributes to the design and execution of in-vivo animal studies.
- Assists with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays where needed.
- Documents raw data and performs data analysis. May independently interpret results and present data.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory reagent stocks and updating inventory documents.
- Completes study reports and maintains adequate experimental records in compliance with company’s standards.
- Generates high quality methods and study protocols for internal programs.
- Recommends technical strategies and approaches to meet identified research needs.
- Oversees laboratory activities and supports/mentors technical staff in the development and execution of studies.
- Implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and maintain laboratory state-of-the-art practices.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Education
- Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience, or MSc and an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics (antibodies, FC-fusion proteins and ADCs) using immunoassays or other analytical methods is required.
- Demonstrated experience with immunoassay (ELISA, MSD) method development and qualification/validation is required.
- Experience with in-vivo animal models would be an asset.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays would be an asset.
- GLP experience in the core competencies of characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics would be an asset.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results oriented.
- Effective oral communication and scientific/technical writing skills. Ability to present data at team meetings or interdepartmental meetings.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.