Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning Platform)
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning Platform)
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
At the Premier Cloud Security Provider, we are working with the massive scale of network data, security data, and enterprise data every day. We are seeking out engineers with a passion to build out tools and platforms, process and analyze data at scale, and solve real-world business problems.
As a software engineer for our Machine Learning platform, you have three main responsibilities:
- You will architect, build and maintain large-scale distributed systems to support the whole pipeline including data collection, feature engineering, model training, model evaluation, model deployment, and real-time serving.
- You will apply analytical and math/statistics skills to stay on top of data and to ensure results are coherent and reliable.
- You will solve complex real-world business problems (e.g., threat detection, automation, and business intelligence) by working closely with various stakeholders including data scientists, product management, and product engineering teams.
You may not have any prior data science and ML background but you need to have a desire in building up knowledge in this area. For example, we expect you to have tremendous curiosity in how the data can and will be utilized by the data scientist in order to have a very effective collaboration with data scientists.
- 3+ years of prior work experience as a Software Engineer or ML platform engineer
- Very strong algorithm and programming skills in building out data collection/processing infrastructure, Machine Learning model training, and serving platforms
- Very strong Python and SQL scripting skills
- 2+ year of experience using distributed data processing such as Spark, BigQuery or Apache Beam
- 2+ year of experience with event messaging such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with setting up SQL/NoSql database such as Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, and table schema
- 1+ year of experience with ML automation platforms such as Kubeflow, Airflow or MLFlow
- Experience with data serialization techniques and data stores for persisting events
- Experience with Google cloud (or other public cloud)
- Experience with building quality software by writing robust interfaces, considering design principles, and applying sound testing practices
- Ability to lead and execute projects from start to finish
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open-source tools
- Familiarity with networking and networking security
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields from a reputed university (Ph.D. a plus)
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.