Senior Software Engineer - Serverless Cloud
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Serverless Cloud
Location: Pune / Bangalore/ Hyderabad, India
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Director, CSPM Engineering. Zscaler is looking for Sr. Software Engineer who possesses a balance of technical proficiency, business knowledge, with strong communication skills. The Sr. Software engineer will work closely with customers to understand their technology and business needs, and then design scalable, highly-available, and resilient cloud solutions based on these business needs. The engineer will work closely with other team members to implement these solutions for customers, this may include other Senior Cloud DevOps Engineers, DevOps Architects, and Security Architects as needed for customer solution implementation of Cloud services and solutions.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- This is a technical role that will be accountable for the design and implementation of efficient applications and services for the Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP Platform .
- Passionate about building great products, a great communicator of ideas & solutions and a lateral thinker when faced with complex performance or production issues
- Work closely with Solution Architects and Product Managers and will communicate regularly with Developers, Testers, customers, partners and business people.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, well organized, and detail-oriented. Should be comfortable working in a start up like environment.
- Familiarity with Cloud Security and compliance requirements (e.g. PCI, CIS, ISO, CSA, HIPAA etc.)
- Seeing projects through architectural and security reviews, deployment and production support
- Technical degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent professional experience
- Microsoft Azure or/and AWS platform related certifications is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in implementing using Azure Serverless and PaaS services like Durable Functions, web sites, web/worker roles, SQL Azure database, storage, service bus.
- Experience in implementing, debugging & troubleshooting enterprise applications using Azure platform services, like Azure app service, Azure SQL, Microservices
- Prior experience on Microsoft Azure & Azure Active Directory, Rest API
- Designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
- Experience on AWS Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third-party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/STS, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc.
- Expertise towards integration with AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Config, AWS Security Hub and AWS Control Tower
- Hands-on experience in container-based deployments and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, AKS, EKS, GKE)
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- RESTful web services (hands-on experience on RESTful APIs)
- Cloud and Service Oriented design and engineering experience
- Experience on TFS or Visual Studio Online CI/CD
- Excellent proactive analytical and problem solving skills
- Verbal, Written communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving requirements.
- Experience in addressing security aspects with various distributed infrastructure and web based solutions.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile/iterative methodologies required.
Certifications [any of these or more]:
- AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- AZ-302 Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Transition
- AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.