Senior Business Data Analyst
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler is building a data platform to serve as the single source of truth for all data and reporting needs of its cross functional business teams. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with passion for working with Sales & Marketing teams and data in a SaaS environment, deploying and improving Sales Operations and Marketing reporting and processes, and working cross-functionally with business and technical teams to understand and execute on data and insights’ needs for Sales Operations and Marketing functions.
What You will deliver:
- Business Process Document(s) with key sales operations and marketing processes, systems, integrations, data flows & models, business rules & transformations
- Documenting on-going functional and technical data requirements for sales operations and marketing teams and developing datasets to meet those requirements
- Develop and maintain data dictionary and metric definitions for all sales operations and marketing datasets, metrics, and KPIs and review them regularly for changes and updates
- Design Tableau dashboards for insights and reporting when necessary
- Conduct data enablement sessions for sales operations and marketing teams by communicating new datasets, metrics, KPIs, and processes
Who You Are:
- A passion for building data platform and insights’ solutions for sales and marketing teams in SaaS organizations
- Passionate about and focused on customer outcomes with the ability to translate business needs into functional and technical data requirements for data engineering team
- Proficient in leveraging sales and marketing data to develop actionable insights and story-telling to drive business impact
- Drives data literacy and enablement within the sales and marketing organizations by building and utilizing data and analytics tools to enable improved understanding of data assets impacting business decisions
- 8+ years of experience with data initiatives (data engineering, analysis, and story-telling) with focus on sales and marketing reporting and processes, translating the business needs into data requirements
- Deep understanding of sales and marketing systems (Salesforce, Marketo etc.), processes, and metrics
- Proven track record of executing on data roadmap for sales & marketing groups by translating business data needs into functional and technical requirements for data engineering team
- Advanced SQL skills and proficiency in visualization tool such as Tableau
- Strong experience collaborating with business stakeholders and users to understand, document, and implement data & analytics needs
- Experience implementing data governance framework and deliverables is desired
- Experience with industry standard ETL tool (Matillion, Fivetran etc) preferred
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.