Staff Network Automation Engineer, Data Center
Position: Staff Network Automation Engineer, Data Center
Location: San Jose, CA
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Responsibilities - What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of new production data centers and campus locations
- Management of multiple high-visibility, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Thrive in our world class Network Engineering and Information Security team, supporting our 24/7 revenue-generating systems and infrastructure
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them
Qualifications - Your Background:
- 12+ years experience with production (customer facing) data center environments
- 10+ years of experience working to support network systems in a high-capacity, high-impact, critical network infrastructure
- Expert experience with routing protocols, VPN encryption technologies, modern switching platforms, and firewalls including policy implementation and capacity management
- Working knowledge of Juniper, Arista, and Cisco equipment highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage mission critical, highly visible infrastructure projects to completion.
- Experience with designing, monitoring, and maintaining customer facing production services with carrier-grade reliability
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow)
- Understanding of security-policy implementation details and how to manage design and support of network environments to maintain policy integrity
- Participate in site capacity planning and modeling
- Familiarity with UNIX operating systems is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on highly regulated industry standards and framework supporting both commercial and Federal businesses.
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn