Sr. DevOps Engineer
Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Burlington, MA, USA + Surrounding Areas
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are seeking a self-driven, innovative, hands-on DevOps Engineer to join the Zscaler Team within the Emerging Technologies organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, deploy, and manage the infrastructure supporting the ZWS (Edgewise) platform
- Help maintain security program and drive security best practices through the organization
- Plan for and manage the rapid growth of the platform and supporting services
- Implement robust and scalable monitoring and alerting
- Develop, maintain, and augment operational documentation
- Work closely with the engineering organization including software and release engineering
- Participate in the oncall rotation
- 5+ years experience as a systems/infrastructure admin/engineer
- Comfort in a large scale and rapidly growing environment
- Public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Familiarity with network and infrastructure security concepts and solutions (security in depth)
- Have worked with CI/CD, artifact, and scanning systems such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and X-Ray
- Experience with managing and deploying Docker containers
- Strong experience with modern monitoring and metrics platforms such as Datadog
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as terraform, packer, cloudformation, etc
- Orchestration and automation tools such as ansible, puppet, chef, etc
- Programming/scripting languages like shell, python, groovy, Go, etc
- Expert level knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with data services such as Kafka, Postgresql, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a love of writing documentation for your work
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200+ of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.9/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.