Commercial/Contracts Counsel – Americas
Position: Commercial/Contracts Counsel - Americas
Location: East Coast
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler is seeking a talented, experienced, and business-oriented attorney to join its growing Legal team. In this position, you will partner with internal clients in the in managing, negotiating and executing commercial transactions for our commercial business in the US, supporting the South and East sales groups.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make a high impact contribution to a growing company on the cutting edge of cloud internet security. This role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, proactivity and ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. This lawyer will be a part of small, supportive, fun, and friendly team.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including but not limited to Proof of Value/Evaluation Agreements, SaaS Subscription Agreements, Master Agreements, Reseller & Managed Service Agreements, and Technology Partnership Agreements;
- Negotiating data processing agreements (DPAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), and other similar agreements directly with customers, partners and vendors to support Zscaler’s sales, operations and compliance obligations;
- Proactively working with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the contract negotiation process;
- Advising internal teams to minimize risk while balancing business interests;
- Remaining current on applicable laws and regulations surrounding IP, privacy, security, and government contracting;
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on any or all of the above;
- Managing outside counsel as necessary.
- 4-7 years legal contracts experience at a leading law firm, in-house, or preferably a combination thereof;
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law in the U.S.;
- Extensive commercial transactions background in technology and SaaS, especially dealing with Sales transactions;
- Experience working with large multi-national customers and partners;
- Experience with Data Privacy and Security issues in the technology space (CCPA, GDPR, etc.);
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines (especially at quarter end);
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.