Manager, Sales/ System Engineering - West
We are looking for a sales engineering manager who is sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that well help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow
Sales/ Systems Engineering Manager
We're looking for an exceptional Sales Engineering Manager to lead and grow our sales engineering organization in the greater SF Bay area. You will lead our existing sales engineers and help us grow and strengthen the team. You will align closely with Area Sales Directors, product management, and engineering to help close deals and execute strategic solutions for customers and partners. We need a seasoned pre-sales leader with a proven track record growing a sales engineering organization.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop the enterprise sales engineering team covering the Northern CA/ Bay Area.
- Refine and scale the core sales engineering processes such as discovery, technical qualification and proof-of-concept.
- Develop solution and customer proposals.
- Develop and deliver product and solution demonstrations.
- Work with sales leadership and clients to design, create and present business solutions to increase client revenue growth.
- Drive the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Provide advice and support response to requests for proposals (RFPs), i.e. present recommendations and associated benefits to clients.
- Promote products and business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations.
- Provide input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product management function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering or systems engineering with at least 5 years managing and directing a sales engineering team.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS).
- Demonstrated success working with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to influence technical decision makers and executives.
- Ability to travel frequently.
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you will be learning cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.