Manager- Data Center and Infrastructure
Position: Manager- Data Center and Infrastructure
Location: San Jose, CA
U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Infrastructure and Data Center to join our team as we continue to expand our rapidly growing global network infrastructure.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of Infrastructure Engineers.
- Collaborate and leverage Project Managers to support prioritization and triage.
- Oversee installation of remote server and networking equipment installation and wiring.
- Manage remote data center and contractor staff during the course of installations.
- Validate successful installations.
- Interface with vendors and contractors directly and via ticketing systems.
- Attend team and vendor meetings to plan and schedule maintenance and repair work.
- Manage Server or network equipment component repair and replacement.
- Support hardware firmware updates.
- Update all hardware Moves/Adds/Changes using software DB.
- Work with relevant groups to ensure all equipment is received and documented in a timely manner.
- Occasional ability to travel.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience of managing teams of engineers in multi data center environments.
- 7+ years of experience with computer networking and Data Center environments.
- Organization skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems.
- Experience with remote Data Center operations.
- Knowledge and experience with LINUX/UNIX, and Network equipment and the functions they perform.
- Completed MCITP, CCNA CompTIA A+, MCSE/MCSA or related certification classes preferred.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds when needed.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.