Software Engineer, QA(Python/Perl, Automation, Networking, Linux)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Software Engineer QA (Python/Perl, Automation, Networking, Linux)
Location: Chandigarh, India
The Software Engineer will have the end to end ownership of feature starting from testing, automation (if applicable), deployment and helping with monitoring of the feature(s).
Like any technology company, we rely on QA to ensure that our products perform exactly as promised. But as a company that provides technology services, based on our own purpose-built global cloud platform, QA has a singularly important role at Zscaler to identify potential customer pain-points ahead of time. Our customers — including some of the largest global organizations — send all their traffic across our platform, and that’s why QA is out in front at Zscaler, helping to ensure that our services work properly in the cloud and that our cloud, itself, is delivering on SLAs and providing the performance and reliability on which our customers depend.Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- As a part of the system and solution test team, you will be responsible for the cross-functional and system testing of the Zscaler Security Solution
- Responsible for writing the system and solution test plan
- Responsible for recreating the customer found defects in the Lab env
- Responsible for automating the system and solution test cases
- Responsible for the interop testing with different vendors IPsec and GRE solutions.
- Contribute to engineering efforts to solve complex engineering problems in testing and tools.
- Design, develop and extend the automated testing frameworks.
- 3+ years in software dev test or QA test role
- Experience in developing automated test frameworks in Networking/Cloud domain
- Versatile and fast learner with the ability to take early code and help with early integration testing
- Experience with REST API, Python, Perl, Expect and scripting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking, Firewalls and IPS systems
- Strong knowledge of the Firewall, IPsec VPN, Loadbalancer
- Strong understanding of networking protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Must be very hands on, passionate about quality and willing to collaborate with multiple teams for system testing
- Good English verbal and written communication skills to partner with local and remote engineers
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.