Software Engineer II (C and Networking -TCP/IP/HTTPS)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Software Engineer II
Location: Bangalore, India
The Software Engineer II will report to the Manager, Software Engineering, ZEN. As a Software Engineer II, you will be working on design and code components of a large scale distributed system with a keen sense for high performance and scalability, troubleshoot issues with a hawkish acumen, work with Operations and Support (when needed) to help keep a healthy cloud and happy customer and at the end of the day – display accountability and sense of ownership of areas assigned to you.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- You will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and scheduling, and participate in the development, debug and support
- Proficiency in programming languages – C
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Deep understanding and experience of TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP(S) and other protocols.
- Strong software design, profiling and verification skills.
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance etc.
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures.
- Sound knowledge of Unix systems internals
- Minimum 3+ years of experience required in similar or related technology
- Proficient in design/code reviews and preferably in writing automatable unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of VPN, Load balancers, IPS/IDS, Routers and Firewall is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter takes initiative & ownership, identifies and completes tasks; goal driven
- Ability to work with remote teams, handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.