Program Manager - Federal
Position: US Federal Program Manager
Location: US East Coast / US West Coast
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The US Federal Program Manager position at Zscaler requires an individual with a team-oriented approach who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As Zscaler’s US Federal Program Manager you will be responsible for driving the delivery of US Federal product requirements, creating processes where needed to maintain FedRAMP certification, technical project management for Zscaler’s government services cloud, and maintaining clear, organized program documents.
The successful candidate in this position is self-motivated with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and drive issues to resolution across multiple work-streams. Previous experience leading cross-functional projects for government-related services is highly beneficial. This position reports to the Zscaler PMO.
- Own running Zscaler’s FedRAMP programs
- Manage the delivery of product requirements for government feature enhancements
- Create and run processes required for NIST-compliant FedRAMP operations
- Develop and maintain the delivery schedule, list of federal feature enhancements, FedRAMP documents, open issues (and drive to closure), and other FedRAMP-related artifacts
- Organize and share program documents in a location accessible to all stakeholders
- Understand and maintain a list of feature variations between FedRAMP-certified and commercial clouds
- Understand and advocate necessary changes for Section 508 compliance, VPAT initiatives, and annual updates
- Submit inputs for Significant Change Requests to the Zscaler Compliance Team
- Capture and share the overall federal feature roadmap by combining prioritization from individual product managers; consult with program sponsors to finalize
- Keep the US Federal sales team apprised of release timing
- Maintain the spreadsheet of SKU to component mapping for FedRAMP-certified clouds
- Provide input on feature mapping to Zscaler Sales Operations for the government price list
- This position includes regular travel to Washington D.C. and other government locations
o Host the weekly federal extended team status call with service delivery leads to:
- Act as an escalation point for FedRAMP customer issues and drive to resolve issues with service delivery leads
- Maintain and update shared action item tracker
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior experience driving delivery of SaaS software or cloud-based security services
- Proven ability to complete the full software release cycle for product enhancements and resolve cross-functional issues
- Prior experience in managing complex technical projects
- Prior experience supporting products with compliance related requirements
- Ability to keep program materials up-to-date and in a well-organized, centrally accessible location for stakeholders
- Ability to consistently produce excellent, well-written communications and program documents
- Examples from prior work experience of adaptability, flexibility, and effective interpersonal skills
- US Citizenship and ability to hold top security clearances is required
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- FedRAMP experience
- Prior experience driving the delivery of software services for US Federal, DoD, or other US government customers
- Familiarity with GSA contracts including Schedule 70, Networx, WITS, EIS and/or other government contracts and overall government procurement process
- Vendor and customer-interface people skills with direct government customer contact experience
- Excellent presentation skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.