Commercial Sales Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Commercial Sales Engineer
Location: Sydney, Australia
As a Zscaler Commercial Sales Systems Engineer you will support the Australia and New Zealand Corporate and Territory Sales Team in presenting the Zscaler cloud security solution to prospective customers This includes creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers and managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
You will work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues and be the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ Support team. You will provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base. Some domestic travel maybe required.
Expectations of an Commercial Sales Engineer:
- Deliver technical product presentations via web conferencing
- Deliver technical custom product demonstrations via web conferencing
- Provide product installations and custom product configurations remotely
- Work with Channel Partners to provide technical training and end user demonstration/evaluation assistance
- Work directly with Product Management team as a liaison to accounts around technical product requirements
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope out and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities
- Help train Commercial Sales team on Zscaler technology and support for technical sales and competitive messaging
What we expect from you:
- BSCS or equivalent preferred with 2-4 years of experience as an SE or in a systems integrator
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web related technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/IPsec, VPN’s, DLP, Mobile, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Strong understanding of Network topology and practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Prior startup experience being one of the first SE's into an organization
- Experience working with channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.