Senior Software Engineer (Networking Protocols,Python, Datapath), QA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Emerging Technology group is a fast paced and exciting product development team which is at the forefront of adopting cloud technology and solving customer problems. We hire talented engineers and provide them lots of freedom and autonomy to build great products. The position is to hire an engineer who will contribute to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for engineers with a combination of
solid in-depth understanding of networking, systems and security and have the ability to test software for scale, performance and availability.
Role- Senior Software Engineer (Datapath), QA
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Design & develop test plan and test Zscaler software products includes protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Encryption technologies, etc. for company products to provide cloud security.
- Develop Program using various programming languages such as C and write scripts using PERL and/or Python for test automation development
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues within Zscaler products running on Unix systems
- Solve problems and establish plans and provide technical consultation in the design, development and test effort of complex Zscaler engineering projects
- Review product specifications and write the test case, develop test plans for assigned areas
- Identifies issues and technical interdependencies and suggest possible solutions
- Assist in the development and delivery of training to cross-functional teams
- Recreate complex customer and production reported issues to determine root cause and verify the fix.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS,DNS & SSL
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking, Firewalls and IPS systems.
- Strong Knowledge of Database systems and SQL is desired.
- Automation development skills in Python or Java
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.