Cloud Operations Engineer I
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer 1
Location: San Jose, CA
*** U.S. Citizenship is Required ***
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- Ensure 24/7 Global availability of the Zscaler Security Cloud
- Respond to monitoring alerts and tickets created by our customer facing support team
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues from our monitoring tools and support including deep dive investigation
- Good experience with networking principles, Firewalls, Load Balancing Solutions, etc
- Working closely with QA, Development, and Infrastructure teams to understand, implement, and deploy end to end monitoring solutions.
- Deploy patches and upgrades, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities as required
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Exhibit strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment for a cloud provider
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT)
- Working knowledge of Nagios
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Constantly driving to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement
Nice to have:
- Advanced Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and architecture with an emphasis on SaaS environment
- Demonstrated skill in scripting to automate and simplify day to day tasks
- Knowledge of Ansible scripting
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on highly regulated industry standards and framework supporting both commercial and Federal businesses
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow us on LinkedIn