Sr. Competitive Intelligence Manager
Position: Sr. Competitive Intelligence Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Competitive Intelligence, you will own competitive analysis and positioning, develop competitive sales tools and campaigns, and provide strategic sales support.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Market intelligence – Understand the security market, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor’s solutions, corporate strategies, activities, partnerships, strengths and weaknesses; be an expert on Zscaler’s competition and how to beat them.
- Competitive differentiation – Work closely with product marketing and product marketing to ensure competitive differentiation for Zscaler product messaging, web content, campaigns, and corporate marketing content.
- Competitive positioning and messaging – Craft messaging documents that serve as the keystone for internal and outbound competitive sales assets, including web copy, presentations, competitive displacement campaigns, and press releases.
- Sales enablement – Communicate the competitive positioning of Zscaler products and solutions to sales teams. Develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including battlecards, feature and positioning comparisons, white papers, and training.
- Content creation– Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to guide and develop the ideal content and competitive positioning for outbound competitive programs.
- Evangelist– Craft and deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events, not only highlighting Zscaler advantages over competing solutions, but also positioning Zscaler relative to market trends, partner dynamics, and emerging buyer behaviors.
- Thought leadership- Be an external (and internal) thought leader about the market and competitive environment, contributing regularly on the company’s blog and other social media outlets.
- Strategic sales support – Provide strategic support on competitive sales deals; be the expert on competitor specific issues.
- Product roadmap development – Asses the competitive landscape to identify product gaps, competitive threats, and strategic opportunities; provide product management and engineering with input into product and roadmap planning and releases.
- Bachelor’s degree ideal; MBA or other graduate degree a plus;
- Proven ability to analyze markets, products, and competitors, and translate that information into useful intelligence and sales tools.
- Technical background in security and networking is ideal
- Strong written, oral, and visual communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to create differentiated positioning and messaging that resonates with potential customers, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Industry experience in security, Software as a Service, cloud, and/or networking is required.
- Previous security experience and knowledge of customer buying behavior is a strong plus
- Ability to travel as needed for customer events, conferences, etc. (Post COVID)
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.