For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Each day Zscaler’s Cloud processes over 150 billion transactions with near-zero latency to instantly secure over 16 million users in 180+ countries. All transactions are logged which provides unparalleled visibility into the Zscaler cloud. We are looking for data scientists with experience applying machine learning and modeling techniques, including natural language processing, anomaly detection, optimization, and time series forecasting, toward different product areas. The ideal candidate would have a curiosity to dive deep into log data and enjoy discovering patterns that drive new insights.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Understand Zscaler's various data sources and curate data for broad consumption by executives and other functions
- Work with various stakeholders within Zscaler like Sales, Marketing, Security Research and Cloud operations to help optimize their business processes and functions
- Build models to forecast demand and recommend expansion/re-deployment of cloud resources
- Mine aggregate log data and spot interesting trends worthy of blogs and further investigation by specialists
- Work with product management to identify AI & ML techniques to help our customers solve problems related to security and user experience by mining the huge data collected by the Zscaler cloud.
- Develop models to detect anomalies from log data and also various tools and techniques to test and improve the same.
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience as a Data Scientist
- Master’s Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent; PhD preferred
- Knowledge and experience of statistical methods, modeling and tools like R
- Experience with machine learning techniques like clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc. and how they apply to various real life scenarios
- Experience modeling timeseries to generate predictions and detect anomalies
- Strong SQL and Python skills is Required
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or equivalent
- Experience using ML Libraries such as TensorFlow, Scikit Learn, others
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery or equivalent
- Experience with visualization libraries like D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience applying ML techniques to problems in the security, user performance monitoring, user behavior analytics
- Bonus points if you have experience working within the SaaS, Networking or Security industry
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.