Architect, Cloud Operations - Private Cloud (Virtualization, OpenStack, Docker & Kubernetes)
Position: Architect, Cloud Operations - Private Cloud
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Cloud Operations Architect to join our team as we build and manage our global cloud platform infrastructure. Zscaler's cloud platform is one of the world's largest private clouds delivering Security-as-a-Service to the world's leading enterprise companies.
You will have the opportunity to learn and challenge yourself technically working in a very complex technical environment.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Design, architect and deploy large scalable monitoring systems for massively growing global infrastructure
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc.
- Review and audit of existing solutions, design new system architectures.
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance in various automation technology areas.
- Act as a technical liaison between developers, service engineering teams and support.
- Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps and Infrastructure Automation including Cloud Enterprise Security.
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Development Groups, Configuration Management and NOC Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement desire solution providing best practice advice to other teams to optimize Zscaler Cloud effectiveness
- 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect in either a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in cloud computing (for example applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data, analytics, api), as well as networking market and competitive dynamics.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline, or equivalent practical experience
Preferred Qualifications/Your Background:
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, OpenStack, Cloud Architecture and Services, Docker and Kubernetes, Automated Deployments
- Hands on experience with immutable infrastructure and using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Ansible or similar)
- Understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Rich DevOps skills across CI/CD, SCM, Static Code Analyzer, Builds and Releases, Continuous Integration Tools and frameworks (e.g. SVN, GIT, Jenkin, BitBucket, etc)
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including SDN, NFV, SDWAN, MPLS, BGP routing, switching, VXLANs, and architectures is a definite plus
- Knowledge of security protocols, authentication, authorization for software application development, usage of Web Application Security frameworks to define software product architecture
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
- Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics a plus.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration Knowledge in performance tuning, analysis and optimization of various Unix based systems.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Development experience in Go and/or Java and scripting skills (e.g., Python, PERL, shell scripting)
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.