Cloud Security Architect
Position: Cloud Security Architect
Location: San Jose, CA (U.S. Remote OK)
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 10 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are now developing and expanding our portfolio into protection for cloud native workloads and need high performing leaders to help us achieve leadership in this space as well.
The Cloud Security Architect is Zscaler’s go to technical expert on public cloud security strategies and technologies. This is a highly visible leadership role requiring coordination across customers, sales, product management, engineering, Zscaler partners, and the executive team.
This role requires a deep understanding of cloud technologies, with hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP. It also requires an ability to speak in the many languages of business, as comfortable presenting at the C-level as when deep diving on tech with a cloud architect at one of our customers.
Work with a broad internal team as the deep technical expert to create a 1-3 year Cloud Protection strategy that maps out business objectives, technical requirements, and customer trends, with recommendations on whether to build, buy or partner in new areas.
Help our customers decide upon cloud security strategies, evangelizing and recommending Zscaler and partner products as appropriate. The cloud architect will act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
Lead training and enablement initiatives with the Zscaler Cloud Protection specialist teams, ensuring that we have the right capabilities and the right people in front of our customers to ensure that we can dominate the cloud protection space. Work with a cross functional team on training content, demo environments, customer workshop strategies, and proof of value strategies.
Present on stage at industry events & conferences. Educate internal teams on industry trends (DevOps, microsegmentation, containers & kubernetes, etc.) Act as an interface to the Product Management teams for prioritization, planning, and architecture.
- Develop strategic roadmap for Zscaler cloud protection portfolio, acting as the technical expert to help deeply understand customer needs, and evaluating internal development, partnership, and acquisition opportunities to help meet those needs.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of cloud and cloud security architectures and engage in technical discussions with cloud architects of large enterprises.
- Present both industry and Zscaler cloud protection architecture as it relates to customers’ and prospects’ environment and technical requirements.
- Ensure that the Zscaler cloud protection specialist, customer success, and field sales teams are fully supported and have the necessary resources to be successful.
- Direct, hands-on experience designing and implementing security solutions on one or more of the major cloud platforms.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and cloud security challenges and solutions, as well as operating systems, networking, authentication, and programming and scripting languages.
- One or more of the following certifications, or equivalent expertise and experience: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak both to technical audiences, as well as to senior level business decision makers.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or equivalent work experience
What You Can Expect from Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.