Sr. Staff Software Development Test Engineer
Position: Sr. Staff Software Development Test Engineer (SDET)
Location: San Jose, CA USA or Burnaby, Canada
Zscaler is enabling a secure transformation to the cloud for enterprise customers. To transition to the new world of IT, we use a new approach, one that transforms the way applications are accessed and security controls are enforced. Zscaler has two broad products in its portfolio.
Zscaler Private Access (ZPA): This redefines private application access. ZPA is a software-defined perimeter service that was built to provide secure connectivity to private applications running in the data center and on the public cloud, without ever placing users on the network. Since the service leverages the Zscaler cloud, not physical or virtual appliances, it redefines private application access and takes a user and app-centric approach versus a network-centric one. This leads to simplified management of network processes, higher application availability, real-time visibility into user access activity, and a completely frictionless end-user experience.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about working for Zscaler and building high-quality and highly-scalable applications and services. The Emerging Technology group builds and deploys the ZPA service to its customers, and the engineer will work within the development team that works on building ZPA products using various cloud infrastructure (AWS) and open source technologies.
The Emerging Technology group is a fast-paced and exciting product development team that is at the forefront of adopting cloud technology and solving customer problems. We hire talented engineers and provide them lots of freedom and autonomy to build great products. The position is to hire an engineer who will contribute to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for engineers with a combination of solid in-depth understanding of networking, systems, and security and have the ability to test software for scale, performance, and availability.
Our ideal candidate is willing to learn new skillsets and take on challenges
- 15+ years’ experience working on systems, or/and distributed systems with a focus on networking/firewall technologies.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid C coding skills and good hands-on developing automation and white box testing.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, dnS, and other related protocols and products (DNS, DHCP, VPN, HA, routing, and switching)
- Good Understanding of security technologies like firewall, IPS, Authentication, VPN, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system at kernel/user level.
- Strong software design, profiling, and verification skills
- Experience with open-source tools and resources.
- Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms, and collections.
- Working experience in Software Dev test and testing methodologies.
- 5+ years’ experience with testing “systems” products (network analytics, networking, virtualization, etc.)
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell and Python a plus
- Working experience with REST APIs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, a strong team player.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in using Spirent or Ixia traffic generator is a plus
- Experience looking at packet captures and in handling customer issues and trouble-shooting
- Ability to analyze the root cause and optimize the test scripts for test automation
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
- Experience working with DPDK platform other technologies for packet processing
- Experience in a CI-CD environment.
- Work closely with Developers, QA, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
- Participate in the design and implementation of test infrastructure to support moving services to a Continuous Deployment
- Develop white box testing strategy and implement test/scripts for high availability, scale, and performance
- Work with the QA team to complement their testing
- Help reproduce production bugs in various lab environments and report accordingly (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis).
- Responsible for releasing product features to QA using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques.
- Follow internal development, test, and build processes.
- Create maintain, enhance, and execute test cases as part of dev readiness for the product/features.
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing.
- Write and maintain automation scripts
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To learn more about ZPA please visit our web site at