Manager, Customer Success Management - Public Sector
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the cloud first world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that well help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
Title: Manager, Customer Success Management - Public Sector
Reports To: Director, Customer Success Management - AMS
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a significant impact at a great company while building your career? Zscaler is seeking a high-energy, experienced Customer Success Management Leader to manage the post-sales technical relationships for our largest customers, turning them into life-long fans and ensuring the continued success of our most critical client relationships.
As a CSM Manager, you will manage the team providing world-class post-sales professional services support to Zscaler's largest Public Sector accounts. You will directly interact with our clients, identify ways that our technology platform can improve their business and be responsible for demonstrating and driving that value across our customer base in the Americas. Our CSM are held to the highest industry standards for responsiveness and services provided. The CSM manages the client relationship and ensures that Zscaler is and continues to be considered a key technology partner within the account. The CSM will work closely with the Technical Account Manager to ensure that all Zscaler products and services are deployed in a manageable and supportable way, and the client gets the most value from their investment for the life of the contract. The CSM will work toward establishing an excellent working relationship with other members of the Zscaler Team that are active within his/her account. As the Zscaler platform integrates with many aspects of the Internet and customer infrastructure, a general understanding of Cyber Threats, Internet protocols, and networking beyond HTTP and SMTP is required.
The Customer Success Manager will play a key role in driving customer success, optimization, and upsell of new business opportunities for North America by qualifying and nurturing installed base in support of our rapidly growing business. Zscaler is a SaaS company operating in a high growth market that leverages the Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) model to fuel its growth. Come grow your career in the Cloud vertical by helping us enable our customers to achieve success.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and consultancy skills. A strong track record of success is a must.
Customer Success Organization Vision
We understand a client's desired transformation, measurable outcomes, and we have the roadmap to get there. We ensure clients have a high performing, quality, and secure experience. We facilitate mutual engagement, proactively, and reactively across network, security, and application layers with our client's executive contacts. We ensure clients are able to use Zscaler to its fullest and become raving fans for life.
- Develop and nurture customers to become Brand Ambassadors on behalf of Zscaler
- Interact with CISOs/Director/Manager Level stakeholders to drive VALUE realization from Zscaler platform
- Deliver Service Review presentations Onsite to align Zscaler services with customer business initiatives and priorities
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Zscaler’s technology and articulate the advantages of our solution against competitors.
- Consistently meet and exceed daily and weekly call goals for providing touchpoints for existing customers
- Work closely with Account Sales teams to help with Upsell/Cross-sell opportunities in existing customers
- Understand customer pain points and help drive escalations by coordinating between Product Management and Support groups.
- Lead a growing team of 5-6 CSMs focused on Public Sector accounts
- Provide input on the organization’s strategic initiatives and drive these with the team
- Develop KPIs to support the strategic initiatives
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates
- Drive behavior, motivate, and above all, support the existing CSM team – coach them, contribute to customer pursuits, get your hands dirty – whatever it takes…
- Hire and retain the best talent available
- Develop the team through training and certification
What we expect from you:
- Direct management experience (2 years minimum) with demonstrated effective leadership in terms of improving supervision of costs, methods, and staffing.
- 10+ years’ experience in a consultancy role involving networking or information security.
- Strong customer management skills during and post-incident response and the ability to influence our client’s choices.
- Ability to interpret security reports to provide actionable improvements for our clients.
- You must be a proven high performer with a solid track record.
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you will be selling cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Preferred past experience hiring/building and defining roles for a world-class Customer Success Management team up to 10-12 members
- Our strong preference is a proven consultancy background in Internet and Security technologies such as SWG,Sandboxing, FireWall, DLP, VPNs, MPLS, SD-WAN or WAN Optimization.
- Good understanding of Security fundamentals such as Firewalls, Proxies and Web Security Gateways.
- Familiarity with Network Architectures and network routing concepts.
- Highly motivated self-starter with competitive personality and strong attention to detail
- Team player who possesses a desire and ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented high growth sales environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 3-10 years as Systems Engineer or Post Sales Support.