Infrastructure/ DevOps Engineer
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well-positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the Cloud First world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Supportive Leadership – An industry-leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
Job Title: Staff DevOps Engineer (Cloud Browser Isolation team)
Location: Valencia, Spain
We have a terrific opportunity in our Zscaler Remote Browser Isolation team for an Infrastructure Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is working on cutting edge Browser Isolation technology to evolve our current cloud security flagship products: ZIA and ZPA.
Zscaler is looking for an agile and hands-on infrastructure engineer that has a unique combination of skills and wants to develop professionally inside a world-class engineering team. The ideal candidate will play a key horizontal role in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test of our Browser Isolation technology. The candidate will be joining the efforts of our DevOps/Infrastructure team to help in the endeavour of designing automation for our complex infrastructure requirements, implementing CI pipelines and new automated software delivery methods.
About the Team
The Browser Isolation Platform is a small distributed team that works fast and lives on the cutting edge of software engineering in backend, frontend and infrastructure. We like open-source but we are not afraid of building stuff ourselves where it makes sense and we can optimize something. Our
philosophy is: done is better than perfect and we strive to work iteratively and optimize our processes along the way so that we can achieve reliable and fast product deliverables that delight our customers. The environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity to drive effective results. This role may interface with customers, subject matter experts, technical experts, developers and other QA engineers located globally and in different time zones.
- Working closely with QA and Engineering to understand, design and implement solutions for the infrastructure that are aligned with the business requirements
- Design and implement tools for automation of deployment/upgrade of customer rollouts with a focus on minimizing maintenance requirements and error prone tasks.
- Work with SMEs and participate in all phases of product development to assess, plan and contribute to the evolution of infrastructure to support the product from a scalability and performance perspective
- Build, Test and Enhance the CI/CD infrastructure
- Implement tools and automation to increase developers productivity and act as a advocate for DevOps inside the engineering team
- Work with engineering teams to improve tools, processes, and the microservices they support
- Participate in post-mortem operations discussions, capacity planning exercises to help identify areas of improvements on automation and error reporting/observability.
- Hands-on Experience with designing and implementing automation tools to manage cloud or on-premise infrastructure
- Advanced level experience with Linux Operating System
- Advanced level experience working with CI & Build tools
- Intermediate to Advanced level experience with at least one Public cloud platform like Azure, GCP or AWS
- Good experience working with one or more config management and orchestration tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Experience with Containers schedulers like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm is considered a plus
- Experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Python, Bash, Perl or GoLang
- Passion for automation and error-prone tasks for problem solving
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes listening skills and an open attitude toward constructive feedback.
- Ability to work both with a global team and individually
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Unique ID: 5392