Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Location: Mohali, India
The Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps will report to the Director of Cloud Operations Infrastructure who will be responsible for creating and deploying scalable systems and monitoring the massively growing infrastructure.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design and deployment of our customer-facing Linux and BSD based systems infrastructure
- Create and deploy scalable systems and monitoring for massively growing global infrastructure
- Architect and implement automation for management of the cloud
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Develop, augment and maintain Ops documentation
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of incidents creating NOC processes, procedures and automation
- Linux/UNIX system engineering (create and maintain highly scalable solutions)
- 3+ years of experience in a Linux/UNIX development environment and DevOps
- Experience working with technologies like: Jenkins, Ansible make, gradle, terraform, ansible, and/or git
- Strong scripting experience on python is required
- Experience on System Administration/SysAdmin role
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills, BSD specific experience is a plus
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot systems performance
- Solid Networking skills at layer 3 and above is a plus .
- BS degree needs to be in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline with an MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.