Senior/Staff Software Platform Engineer (Devops, Kubernetes)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Emerging Technology group is a fast-paced and exciting product development team that is at the forefront of adopting cloud technology and solving customer problems. We hire talented engineers and provide them lots of freedom and autonomy to build great products.
Role- Software Platform Engineer
ZPA is a solution that compromises multiple components deployed in a distributed manner in a multi-cloud environment.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about building and packaging infrastructure components like Docker and ISO images deployable on AWS, GCP and Azure cloud providers .
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- Auto-scaling, Infrastructure as code, automated monitoring, and reporting
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals, including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, and load balancing in a Kubernetes environment.
- You'll collaborate closely with Cloud infrastructure and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative, and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You'll participate in the development of deployment architecture and design, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support systems.
- You will lead, mentor, and partner with team members and other groups.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- BS EE or CS degree; 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Proven work experience with Kubernetes helm charts
- Experience with Hashicorp Packer is a bonus
- Experience with VMware vSphere / ESXi is beneficial
- Experience with Gradle / Maven
- Experience with C makefiles / Cmake
- Expertise with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Borg)
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes, ideally both managed cloud offerings (EKS/AKS/GKS) and on-premise
- Solid experience with Linux administration combined with knowledge of Linux infrastructure
- Experience with multiple linux distros
- Programming experience in Python or Java, Shell scripting skills
- In-depth experience in automation (Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.