Senior Software Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global datacentres to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Responsibilities/ What You'll Do:
- Have at least 5+ years of related experience.
- Thrive in an energetic, highly collaborative workplace; actively engage in all phases of the development process
- Design excellent, scalable, sustainable software systems and components
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in the existing product and advocate for the necessary changes to address them
- Document, socialize, and prioritize architectural and non-functional requirements
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Work with QA and other engineering teams to investigate and resolve production issues
- Collaborate with DevOps and System teams for cloud rollouts, upgrades, and maintenance
- Produce high-quality code in an agile environment
- Must be comfortable with modern Java stack: Java 11, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, JDBC, FlywayDB
- Other languages are a plus: Python, Go, Scala
- Able to follow best practices and write clean robust code:
- Quality over quantity of Java development experience
- Ideally familiar with:
- Scalable cloud based application design - service discovery, microservices architectures, cloud-native design patterns - autoscaling, circuit breakers, sharding, load balancing, fault tolerance
- Docker container ecosystem, deployment using containers, clustering - swarm, Kubernetes, Mesosphere.
- High volume data streaming - Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Storm, Spark Streaming
- Search engines - Elastic
- JVM performance and GC tuning for server applications
- Approaches to monitoring, performance measurements and instrumentation at high scale
- Build processes for modern Java stack - gradle, maven, Jenkins pipeline
- Recent C++ experience
- Linux and Windows kernel level experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.