Data Governance & Quality Analyst
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Data Governance & Quality Analyst
The Data Governance & Quality Analyst will report to the Director, Data Strategy. A Data Governance & Quality Analyst to develop procedures to enhance the accuracy and integrity of our organization's data document the source systems, processes, data flows, and transformations. You will be performing data analysis, collaborating with database developers to enhance data collection and storage procedures, documenting data generation and consumption processes, and work with business teams to document and update the definitions for key metrics and performance indicators, and preparing data analysis reports.
To ensure success as a Data Governance & Quality Analyst, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, data governance and quality framework, and experience in a similar role. A top-notch Data Governance & Quality will be someone whose data skills & expertise results in reliable information for company executives.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute on the vision of data quality and governance as a process of continuous and evolutionary improvement, which should help meet current and future sustainability needs in decision-making and automation (data-driven).
- Design, test, develop and document data quality and governance processes and their consequent results.
- The main tasks associated with this role are to use data quality tools, to validate and analyze the main sources of information, to support and maintain a healthy, timely, and trustworthy data pipeline in the enterprise data warehouse, and to broadly support the quality of the sources. Additional responsibilities include working with technical and business teams to document source systems, data flows between the source systems and data warehouse, creating and maintaining data dictionaries, metrics definitions, and improving overall data literacy.
- Generate synergies with the teams that guard the data to generate summaries and automate them in order to validate data quality.
- Analyze and translate customer needs into quality requirements on enterprise data models.
- Investigate the right technologies to solve data quality problems over the course of projects.
- Guide team members, through in-house consulting, the transmission of best practices in project development.
- Manage internal customer expectations and adapt to changes in business, operations, and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management, or similar.
- At least five years' experience in data analysis, governance, and quality management.
- In-depth experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) and BI tool such as Tableau
- Deep understanding of quality metrics to measure data pipeline health
- Experience implementing data governance framework (data dictionaries, source systems analysis, metrics governance etc)
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in data analysis.
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and able to take initiative without always being directed.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and prioritize the most critical tasks and projects
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.