Engineering Lead / Manager (Java and BigData)
Position: Engineering Lead / Manager(Java and BigData)
Location: Bangalore/Chandigarh, India
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on our ZDX product. Zscaler Digital experience is an offering from Zscaler to measure and improve end-users' digital experience. Purpose-built with today's cloud applications in mind, it gives visibility into performance issues faced by users in accessing applications and helps triage problems faster. Join us to build a web-scale user experience platform.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for product features related to data transformations, enrichment, and analytics
- You will discuss with product managers, UX designers, and other backend teams to understand requirements and translate the same into functional specifications
- You will seize every opportunity to refactor code in the interests of maintainability and reusability
- Lead and Provide technical direction and mentorship to junior engineers and bring out the best in them
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building large scale enterprise products, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, learner, and a fantastic manager of people, and is motivated with engineering excellence.
- Education: BS Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience
- Experience in Core Java, Concurrency, and Distributed Computing
- Experience in building high performance, scalable web services
- Experience using batch and stream processing frameworks like Spark/Kafka Streaming, Spring batch or equivalent
- Experience developing microservices and API's
- Proficiency with Tomcat installation and configuration.
- Proficiency with Maven (preferred) or Gradle builds and dependency management systems.
- 5+ years experience writing unit test, stubs, mocks in a TDD environment using JUnit, REST Assured, or TestNG
- Experience with CI & CD systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Metrics-driven development experience and experience using metrics systems like Grafana, Prometheus, etc
- Ability to write code that can perform efficiently in a big data setup
- Experience with big-data technologies like Spark, Redshift, etc.
- Strong knowledge of various DBMS systems including NoSQL architectures and design principles
- Experience tuning JVM for optimal application performance
- Successfully delivered software products from ideation through to implementation and support
- Experience with any Graph Database like AWS Neptune, Neo4j, Spark Graphx, etc.
- Understanding of statistics and machine learning
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available athttp://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.