Business Systems Architect
Position: Business Systems Architect
Location: Remote within United States
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers an entire gateway security stack-as-a-service and has positioned us as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for 10 consecutive years. We are shaping the emerging SASE category and are well-positioned to dominate the massively growing cloud security market.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make-it-happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people with an unwavering desire to be their absolute best.
We are looking for experienced business process architect with a focus on finance enterprise business. The business process architect will work closely with Finance and IT champions to connect technology initiatives with business strategies and make improvements to systems and processes. Responsibilities include working with the finance teams to set priorities and execute on new enhancements and initiatives required by the business, and to provide end to end process leadership to ensure overall needs are met. Within the Finance function/processes, the primary focus of this position is Quote to Cash (Q2C), Record to Report (Accounting, Month End Close), and Procure to Pay (P2P) processes. The system in scope include Netsuite, Salesforce, Coupa, Concur, UI Path and others.
- Must have comprehensive experience of Quote to Cash, Financial & Accounting processes and Billing & Financial systems, strong project management skills, and exceptional communication skills.
- Have good business sense and use data to drive decisions, be an independent thinker and action oriented, be a driver, a team player and a thought partner, be able to communicate clearly, work effectively with diverse groups, and be skillful with quantitative/qualitative analytical methodologies and tools. The ability to quickly research, understand and document new processes and requirements is a foundational need for success in this role.
- Own and recommend Technology Strategy & Architecture for enterprise level initiatives for the finance business capabilities.
- Have strong problem-solving abilities given various constraints around process and systems.
- Have experience building conceptual and logical architectures and procure required artifacts and documentation of such systems/landscapes, process design documents.
- Bring experience with governance of initiatives that align with the overall enterprise architecture guidelines and principles.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business objectives and clarify approach for individual initiatives. Consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions. Analyze options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Produce expert analysis, research, and designs for assigned line-of-business leaders in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures.
- Stay abreast of current technology trends both in the industry as a whole and with the applications deployed in the landscape.
- Research and design implementation strategies for new and/or alternate technologies that will further business goals and provide competitive advantages.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting/Business Systems with minimum of 7 years of functional finance/business systems experience or equivalent experience
- Have 3+ years of experience at a Solution architect or lead technical architect capacity for transformational programs and projects in the Billing, Quote to Cash, Revenue, Accounting, Source to Report, Procurement, Payments or Core Financial domains.
- Have been part of at least one full lifecycle of several cross-functional modules towards an ERP/Finance Systems Implementation - preferably Cloud/Hosted model.
- Strong “systems and process orientation” with demonstrated analytical thinking, organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to raise issues appropriately to the right level internally and externally to resolve
- Able to communicate both technically and from a business perspective
- Ability to influence people and indirectly manage a team of people to ensure the effective execution of complex initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage complexity well and demonstrated experience managing across functions and businesses to accomplish large scale goals
- Must be able to understand both business needs and the technologies to implement them
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.