SDET Engineer (C, Python & Networking)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Emerging Technology group is a fast paced and exciting product development team which is at the forefront of adopting cloud technology and solving customer problems. We hire talented engineers and provide them lots of freedom and autonomy to build great products. The position is to hire an engineer who will contribute to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for engineers with a combination of
solid in-depth understanding of networking, systems and security and have the ability to test software for scale, performance and availability.
Role- Senior Devtest Engineer
Our ideal candidate is willing to learn new skillsets and take on challenges.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with Developers, QA, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
• Participate in design and implementation of test infrastructure to support moving services to a Continuous Deployment
• Develop white box testing strategy and implement test/scripts for high availability, scale and performance
• Work with the QA team to complement their testing
• Help reproduce production bugs in various lab environments and report
accordingly (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis).
• Responsible for releasing product features to QA using a combination of manual and auto-testing techniques.
• Follow internal development, test and build processes.
• Create maintain, enhance and execute test cases as part of dev readiness for the product/features.
• Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing.
• Write and maintain automation scripts.
5+ years’ experience working on systems, or/and distributed systems with focus on networking/firewall technologies.
A BS/MS degree in computer science or related field.
Solid C coding skills and good hands on developing automation and white box testing.
Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack, http, dnS and other related
protocols and products (DNS, DHCP, VPN, HA, routing and switching)
Good Understanding of security technologies like firewall, IPS, Authentication,VPN etc.
Experience with Unix/Linux operating system at kernel/user level.
Strong software design, profiling, and verification skills
Experience with open source tools and resources.
Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections.
Working experience in Software Dev test and testing methodologies.
5+ years’ experience with testing “systems” products (network analytics,
networking, virtualization, etc.)
Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell and Python a plus
Working experience with REST APIs.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Self-motivated, a strong team player.
Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem
It would be great if you have:
Experience in using Spirent or Ixia traffic generator is a plus
Experience looking at packet captures and in handling customer issues and trouble-shooting
Ability to analyze the root cause and optimize the test scripts for test automation
Experience working with large data sets
Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
Experience working with DPDK platform other technologies for packet processing
Experience in a CI-CD environment.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.