Sales Engineering Director
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that well help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow
As a Zscaler Sales Engineering Director, you will manage a team of SEs and help clients transform their network and workload protection strategy. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales engineering function in the Secure Workload Communications business unit. Responsibilities include recruiting and training a global team of sales engineers, defining proof-of-concept best practices, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing evaluations to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the Sales Engineering Director must have a strong technical foundation and a desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable solution design. The sales engineering director will act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our clients while aiding the customer's transformational journey.
Expectations of Sales Engineering Director:
- This position is expected to be directly involved in sales cycles to ensure the highest possibility of success. This may include individual contributions or direct ownership of technical sales cycles.
- The Sales Engineering director leads and supports an international SE Team, providing professional guidance on individual performance and company objectives. Sales Engineering Director works closely with Vice President, Secure Workload Communications and other functions.
- You are the technical expert who best understands, articulates and evangelizes the Zscaler approach to transforming the way customer protect workloads in the cloud and data center.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Your presentations and demos for prospects, partners and customers are crisp, informative, and tailored to your audience, be they executives, architects or operators.
- You own the technical sales process from stem to stern, training your team to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and maintain account and territory plans, and execute proof of concept engagements as needed to convert opportunities into technical victories.
- You're constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders as well as the reseller partners and internal Zscaler resources who all contribute to the success of your customers.
What we expect from you:
- Experience implementing microsegmentation solutions in complex multi-cloud environments.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience selling to the enterprise customer. Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web security technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/TLS, GRE and IPsec tunneling, DNS, load balancing, SD-WAN, VPN's, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS), detection of Advanced Threats, malware detonation/sandboxing, killchain, and analytics.
- Proven hands-on experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, macOS, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior GPO, Active Directory/LDAP and SSO/SAML experience desirable)
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
- You have worked with Channel partners and have a solid understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach.
- You understand SaaS based technologies and their implications for the enterprise.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure.
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and 8+ years of experience as an SE and 4+ years experience leading an SE team
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.