Senior Salesforce Developer
Position: Sr. Salesforce Developer
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Sr. Software Engineer at Zscaler is part of the Business Application team that is responsible for the Salesforce implementation at Zscaler. Our team enables continuous improvements to the application and supports our internal business partners. Responsibilities include responding to service requests, incidents and technical optimizations and driving automation to increase efficiency in business processes. The right candidate must have deep technical experience in all the capabilities and functionalities of the Salesforce.com platform and a proven track record of driving best practices and processes.
- At least 7+ years of experience in Salesforce development with computer Science or Information Technology background
- Perform the build activities to deliver a solution from the design stage to a functional application
- Created modern Enterprise Lightning Apps combining Lightning Design System, Lightning App Builder and Lightning Component features.
- Upgraded some Apps from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience to develop rich user interface and better interaction of pages.
- Expertise level on developing Lightning Components with CSS and Design Parameters that makes the Lightning component look and feel better.
- Leveraged APEX Controller to make a call for external requests to retrieve data from various API’s and displayed them on to the component.
- Good Knowledge on Salesforce/Apttus CPQ
- Experience in programming in APEX, VF Page, LWC, Aura Component development
- Updated the APEX Controller and Helper functions regularly making the Component Context Aware as per business requirement.
- Tested apps by appending multiple components to a Lightning Application thereby deployed Applications from Sandbox to Production.
- Experienced using VS Code for creating, modifying, testing, and deploying Force.com Applications.
- Used SOQL and SOSL statements within Governor Limits for data manipulation needs of the application using platform database objects.
- Maintenance of installed Managed Packages in Lightning using Apex. Experienced in using a Data Migration tool called Data Loader.
- Visualforce Pages for Lightning Experience, Alternates for Java Script Codes, Sharing Visualforce pages between Classic and Lightning.
- Worked on Lightning Process builder flows, Connect API, Chatter and quick Action.
- Execute unit tests and write Apex test classes for code coverage.
- Use development tools such as VS Code(for source code editor, debugging and deployment) and GIT (for source code and version control)
- Deploy metadata (configuration and code) to different environments
- Use tools such as Data Loader for data export, backup and migration between environments
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users. Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Nice to have enterprise application integration tool experience like Dell Boomi/Mulesoft.
- Nice to have development experience using node.js or Python.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.