Salesforce Development Engineer
*** Must be US citizen *** Due to the nature of the projects assigned.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 12M employees.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will solve technical problems and deliver software solutions that will power Zscaler’s Business operations. This will require developing a deep understanding of business operations across Sales, Marketing, Services, and Support, the business problems they are trying to solve, and the root causes that your solutions must address. With this knowledge, you will partner with operations team and the business stakeholders to deliver system solutions which advance our business strategies.
You will be responsible for building world class business system solutions in an Agile/Scrum delivery environment. You will work directly with business stakeholders and operations analysts to capture requirements in addition to building, deploying, and maintaining technical solutions.
You will be engineering technical solutions which span business systems which have Salesforce at the heart of its CRM ecosystem. You will deliver Salesforce Apex code, develop test classes, optimize technical performance of Salesforce processes, run data conversions, and integrate multiple SAAS technologies with Salesforce.
** This position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business strategies, problems, and root causes which drive the requirements of your solutions
- Build, test, and deploy technical solutions within Salesforce and related business systems
- Build your technical solutions to scale and ensure data integrity
- Deliver Salesforce Apex code, develop test classes, optimize technical performance of Salesforce processes, manipulate large data sets, run data conversions, and integrate multiple SAAS technologies with Salesforce
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical solutions which include all code and Salesforce configuration
- Proactively identify and schedule operational maintenance tasks to ensure data hygiene
- Fix defects in the solutions you develop and maintain
- Proactively manage technical debt in order to prevent future crises for stakeholders
- Develop solutions using an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology
- Proactively identify problems impacting your progress, conduct root cause analyses, and take action to resolve them
- Apply a growth-mindset to continually improve your mastery of your craft
- You will deliver the right solutions which empower business stakeholders to meet and exceed their strategic business goals
- Encourage and adapt efficient methodologies to maintain strong delivery velocity and time-to-value across the team
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce application development and support
- 5+ years of experience in general technical development and support
- Quick learner, as you will be required to develop a strong understanding of Zscaler’s customers, business strategy, and operations
- Deep knowledge of business system architecture principles
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce technical environment, including coding, data management, system administration, and dev-ops best practices
- Proficiency in defining intuitive, insightful, actionable and compelling Einstein Analytics reports and dashboards
- Proven ability to integrate multiple SAAS systems with Salesforce
- Expert in system integration business best practices, security, and performance optimization
- An advocate for building things the right way - even when ‘hard requirements’ state otherwise
- Deep understanding and demonstrated application of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Master of problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution development
- Successful cross-functional collaborator, with strong communication skills
- Has developed technical solutions across multiple teams
- Hands-on development experience with technologies related to the Salesforce tech stack
- Skilled at working through ambiguity
- Growth mindset
- An environment where you will be working on highly regulated industry standards and framework supporting both commercial and Federal businesses.
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn