For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers an entire gateway security stack-as-a-service and has positioned us as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for 10 consecutive years. We are shaping the emerging SASE category and are well-positioned to dominate the massively growing cloud security market.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make-it-happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people with an unwavering desire to be their absolute best.
Zscaler is seeking a self-starter who enjoys the challenge of building out and supporting technology for Enterprise Applications. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring business and technology requirements are appropriately defined, documented and agreed upon by collaborating with users, internal teams and vendors. You will also be responsible for leading discussions, preparing requirements, specifications, business process flows and providing recommendations based on your professional experience and understanding of industry best practices, and company policies and procedures. You will play a critical role in automating, designing, enhancing and maintaining effective and scalable technology solutions across all platforms and departments. This is a technical hands-on role.
Must have experience:
Atlassian Data Center Products (Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira)
Server/Application Management (Web Applications, Web Servers)
Integration Platforms (Dell Boomi, Workato, Matillion)
Cloud Platform Management and Marketplaces (GCP, AWS, Azure)
SAAS Platforms (Salesforce, Netsuite, Talkdesk)
PostgreSQL / MySQL Databases
- Take the lead in translating business goals into architectural designs; apply critical and creative thinking/approach to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Manage existing infrastructure and environment and perform regular application upgrades, security assessments and provide operational support. Current application stack includes Bitbucket, Confluence, Dell Boomi, Matillion, Web Applications, etc.
- Provide operational support for production issues faced by users from various departments
- Define and implement backup policies and procedures for applications hosted on cloud platforms
- Define and document technical environment and deployment methodologies to enable integrated solutions. Advise IT and other business processes regarding the feasibility of proposed approaches to project solutions in terms of systems capabilities and established technology architecture guidelines.
- Lead research and development, as well as proof of concepts for solving business problems or concepts not addressed by existing technology stacks.
- Ensures uniformity across IT systems infrastructure to enable effective application integration capabilities. Champions the deployment of enterprise-wide systems management processes, techniques, and service management practices.
- Recommends standards and best practices in deploying technology solutions.
- Actively identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver solutions that create efficiencies and add value.
- Interact with and influences leaders in IT, engineering, and business functions; effectively rally cross-departmental teams to tackle difficult challenges; build relationships with key architects across organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural best practices across technology
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience
- Combined 8+ years of experience in several of the following areas: software design and development; architecting of modern heavily utilized, highly available applications
- Must have experience with AWS Management, Atlassian Products (Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira), GCP Management, Azure Management
- Broad knowledge and experience in architecture domains, including business, application, data, infrastructure and security architectures
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to create original concepts and hypotheses for a variety of projects
- Strong system and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies
- A collaborative and influential approach that gains agreement to move forward with new approaches, proven experience with driving adoption of architecture across multiple groups
- A deep curiosity and eagerness to learn about and apply existing, new, and emerging technologies to rapidly evolving business and operating models
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate business problems in technical solutions
- Ability to switch anytime from being a high-level strategy person to an “in the weeds” technical person
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.