Field Marketing Manager - TOLA / South
Field Marketing Manager - TOLA
We are looking for sales & marketing professionals who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 10 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
As the South Central Field Marketing Manager, which aligns to the TOLA (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas) region, you’ll be responsible for developing a marketing plan that executes on planning, implementing and expanding the business of the region with the local sales team through various forms or activities such as targeted campaigns and local Zscaler hosted, partner sponsored and 3rd party events.
Working as part of the global marketing group, alongside the South Central team, you’ll design and execute strategic and tactical programs that educate and engage target audiences, drive the end-to-end sales process and support the customer lifecycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Large Enterprise and Major business, acting as the primary marketing contact for the region. Collaborate with local leaders, sales functions and the partner team to align marketing, make business recommendations and ensure local needs are met.
- Develop quarterly regional objectives in line with global and local goals. Track KPI’s weekly and report on marketing’s contribution to marketing engagements, new business meetings, pipeline and customer success. Analyze performance, spot trends and lead change for continuous improvement.
- Agree target accounts in the territory, build quality contact data and account intelligence to create a solid foundation for the marketing program.
- Be an account based marketing strategist by working closely with sales to uncover impactful targeted go to market strategies custom tailored for specific contacts within an account to get higher in whitespace accounts.
- Use marketing tools to uncover new and recently engaged contacts and accounts. Alert Sales Development Representatives and Regional Sales Managers, adding value with business insights and recommendations for follow-up.
- Combine corporate communications and campaigns with a calendar of local marketing to create a comprehensive, multi-channel, quarterly marketing program that meets objectives. Communicate news and updates weekly to ensure that field teams are aware of and making full use of each program.
- Invest time to understand the product portfolio, use cases, customer stories and content library, leveraging available resources for timely, relevant outreach. Feed competitive information, local developments and content requirements back to product marketing and content teams to help drive the product and content roadmap.
- Foster new relationships to grow the community of local IT Thought Leaders who are willing to be referenceable for regional and national events including local 3rd party events, Zscaler hosted roundtable discussions & User Groups and webinars.
- Identify, develop and execute a comprehensive calendar of Zscaler events, industry trade shows, thought leadership roundtables, partner events and webinars.
- Develop and execute innovative local campaigns with highly personalized experiences that surprise and delight targets, educate and engage.
- Set the highest standards for campaign and event management, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to and projects are managed to meticulous detail end-to-end to deliver outstanding innovation, communications, efficiency and customer experience.
- Take accountability for the results and ROI of every project, tracking each program on an ongoing basis to ensure closed-loop lead follow-up and conversion. Work with field teams and operations to link and attribute marketing programs to revenue.
- Research, select and negotiate external vendor services. Managing external partners and agencies as an extended team, setting the same high standards for planning, execution and deliverables.
- Manage projects against goals and to budgets. Update budgets and reports weekly.
The Ideal Profile:
- Commercially focused with a degree in a STEM or business subject
- 3+ years field marketing experience with demonstrable results in driving sales pipeline. Experience of managing client-side events and partner programs an advantage
- Exceptional communication and follow up skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills. Has the gravitas to communicate and influence effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Thinks strategically but has strong organizational skills and is willing to take on multiple tactical projects, managing them to exacting detail
- Highly numerate, enjoys analysis and can derive business insights from data to make smart decisions
- Is tech savvy and proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of salesforce.com CRM an advantage.
- Is energetic and thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Learns fast, is self-aware, ambitious and passionate about their performance and development
- Turns challenges into opportunities and approaches every situation with a positive, “can do” attitude. Enjoys going the extra mile to turn in outstanding results
- Uses initiative to think outside the box and problem solve often in difficult situations
- Post-pandemic: Willing to travel within territory approx. 25% of the time
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.