Senior Software Engineer ( C and Networking)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Software Engineer ( C and Networking)
Location: Chandigarh/ Bangalore /Pune /Hyderabad, India
The Software Engineer II will report to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering. The Software Engineer will be part of a highly talented team that has built a groundbreaking “In the Cloud" web, DNS and firewall security solution. High performance and scalability are the hallmarks of this highly distributed and multi-tenant cloud. Please apply only if you have a penchant for code, comfortable guiding a small team of engineers and love to take ownership of a larger component and be accountable for it.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our services for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Nanolog is Zscaler’s big data stack. It was purpose-built from scratch to deal with several billions of events originating from Zscaler’s distributed proxy and firewall enforcement nodes located in several data-centers across the globe. Nanolog uses patented technology to reduce log volume by 10 to 50 times with several compression techniques. Not only does the platform collects and store logs, but it also provides rich real-time analytics capabilities that power a variety of dashboards for customers. Customers are empowered to discover and analyze all their traffic that flows through Zscaler’s distributed proxy network in real-time. The platform also caters to the data mining requirements of Zscaler’s security research team who scour through the mountain of data always on the lookout for new threats emerging on the internet. The data-mining platform is also purpose-built using map-reduce techniques and exposes a SQL-like query language. For those customers who like to have a copy of these logs, the Nanolog platform can also stream these logs in real-time from Zscaler’s cloud to customer’s premises.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Design custom compression algorithms to increase the storage density of logs and metrics
- Improve the performance of ad-hoc queries supported by our query engine
- Profile code and improve the efficiency of hot spots
- Mentor junior engineers
- 2+ years of software development experience with expertise in C programming
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of any Unix system
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance, etc
- Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures
- Strong software design, profiling and verification skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and tuning
- BS degree or higher strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Self-starter takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; goal-driven
- Professional with the ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work and thrive in a geographically distributed team
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.