Sr. Software Engineer ("C" coding/Networking)
Position: Sr. Software Engineer ("C" coding/Networking)
Location: Burnaby, BC
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Would be responsible for adding interfaces for supporting cloud applications for offline scanning.
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Play well with others!
- Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture
- 5+ years software development experience in large-scale commercial networking oriented applications
- Strong programming skills in C/UNIX/RTOS
- Event-driven programming experience
- Experience with SQL and Postgres
- Networking and protocol knowledge of HTTP, SSL and TCP/IP
- Should be able to debug in an UNIX environment
- Python or PERL experience would be preferred
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis etc would be a plus
- Self-starter, quick-learner, able to multi-task, and collaborate with others in a team environment
- Familiar with complete software development cycle
- BS/MS degree (Engineering, Computer Science)
- Experience with FreeBSD based networking solutions.
- Experience with developing high performance, fault tolerant networking security products such as web proxies and firewall
- Familiarity with LDAP/AD/SAML preferred
- Some small company/startup experience
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.