Network Engineer (Corporate Infrastructure)
Role: Network Engineer (Corporate Infrastructure)
Location: Remote within United States
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
You will be responsible for managing all the corporate network infrastructure devices including maintaining, implementing, monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting switches, wireless APs, firewalls, routers and etc. Responsible of ensuring network 24x7 connectivity availability.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for all corporate network infrastructure devices, including switches, WiFi APs, firewalls, routers, AWS VPC and etc.
- Configuration and network troubleshooting that includes Layer-2, Layer-3 (OSPF & BGP), and GRE/IPSec VPN.
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and supporting the all corporate network infrastructures. Optimize the network monitoring solution and improve monitoring coverage.
- Perform daily and scheduled maintenance on all networking equipment, including configuration backup, software upgrade, equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance.
- Communicate with other departments regarding network changes, ensure each department understands and also agrees to the network plan change.
- Create written documentation of new and existing systems which may include: network diagrams, system overviews, knowledge base entries, service level agreements, maintenance windows, and support contact information.
- Work with the Security team on defining network security policies, implementing and continuously improving network security architecture.
- Interface with network vendors and service providers. Research new technologies and recommend future projects to management related to those technologies. Test and validate all new hardware and software for proper configuration and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical incidents within defined SLA.
- Ability to work well within a team, provide technical guidance/mentor other team members, and network documentation proficiency.
- Occasional ability to travel within the USA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience working to support network systems in a high-capacity, high-impact, critical network infrastructure, including in design and implementation.
- 5 years experience with production network environments with Layer-2, Layer-3 (OSPF & BGP), and GRE/IPSec VPN. Experience on high-speed copper and fiber Ethernet switch networks.
- 5 years of experience working to support corporate firewalls. Configure and maintain GRE/IPsec tunneling, routing protocol, and various firewall rules.
- 2 years of Hands-on experience in BGP/OSPF routing operation, design, and troubleshooting in both IPv4 and IPv6 for Enterprise or Telecom networks.
- Hands-on experience in HTTPS, 802.1x, RADIUS, and GRE/IPsec protocols with hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with low-level infrastructure testing and troubleshooting tools including packet capture devices, network equipment debug and diagnostics, (Wireshark, NetFlow).
- Strong Experience in one or more network device products with Juniper, Astria, and/or Cisco is required.
- Experience in one or more wireless network device products with Aruba, Ruckus, Ubiquitio, and/or Cisco.
- Organization skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems.
- Understanding of security-policy implementation details and how to manage design and support of network environments to maintain policy integrity
- Network Security experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Related network and security certification is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience on Linux/Unix, Shell scripts, PHP, Perl or Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) is a plus
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.