Software Engineer, Linux Kernel Developer
Position: Software Engineer, Linux Kernel Developer
Location: Boston or Burlington, Massachusetts
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.Position Overview:
Zscaler seeks a self-motivated Linux kernel developer fluent in C and C++ to assist with development of an innovative, and award-winning zero-trust cybersecurity product. The successful candidate will be a kernel developer who possesses the ability to work with a team of engineers from diverse technical backgrounds to diagnose and solve problems in a complex distributed system.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux/unix kernel development
- Fluency in C and C++
- Ability to rapidly grok third-party code, and determine how to interface with it
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience
- Experience working with a team of people coming from different technical backgrounds to solve problems that span multiple components/languages in a distributed system
- Practice the belief that code lacking tests isn’t ready for integration
- Experience with C++ template meta-programming, or experience with meta-programming in C--using either DSLs, or the preprocessor
- Functional programming experience
- Experience writing in a scripting language, such as python, groovy, or Lua
- Experience with C++11
- Experience with the Boost C++ libraries
- Familiarity with TCP/IP RFCs
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel network stack
- Basic knowledge of Linux distributions and package formats
- Experience with writing asynchronous and/or lock-less code
- Experienced with Docker, Kubernetes, linux namespaces, etc.
- Experience with unit test and mocking frameworks, such as Google Test, JUnit, etc.
- Takes ownership of the full SDLC lifecycle (including helping developers, release engineering, and QA achieve success over the full cycle)
- Basic knowledge Windows/Visual Studio to help out Windows developer teammates
- Ability to write Java is a plus
What You Can Expect:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.