Principal Java Software Engineer
Position: Principal Java Software Engineer
Location: Burlington, MA, USA + Surrounding Areas
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers an entire gateway security stack-as-a-service and has positioned us as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for 10 consecutive years. We are shaping the emerging SASE category and are well-positioned to dominate the massively growing cloud security market.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make-it-happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people with an unwavering desire to be their absolute best.
We are seeking a self-driven, innovative, hands-on Principal Software Engineer to join our our engineering team, building the backend of the Zscaler cloud-based zero trust security platform.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 10 years of related experience.
- Thrive in an energetic, highly collaborative workplace; actively engage in all phases of the development process
- Design excellent, scalable, sustainable software systems and components
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in the existing product and advocate for the necessary changes to address them
- Document, socialize, and prioritize architectural and non-functional requirements
- Must be comfortable with modern Java stack: Java 11, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Other languages are a plus: Python, Go, Scala
- Able to follow best practices and write clean robust code: e2e and Unit testing,Code coverage and static analysis,Minimizing boilerplate,Code reuse across the team
- Quality over quantity of Java development experience
- Must be familiar with one or more high volume stream processing technologies – Kafka, Redis Streams, Amazon Kinesis, Storm, Spark Streaming
- Must be familiar with modern microservices design patterns
- Postgres or similar relational DBs - MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, RethinkDB, Redis
- Amazon Web Services - at the very minimum - EC2, S3, RDS, ALB
- Integration of backend services with UI frameworks (Angular, React, Ember)
Ideally familiar with:
- Scalable cloud based application design - service discovery, cloud-native design patterns - autoscaling, circuit breakers, sharding, load balancing, fault tolerance, zero-downtime service delivery
- Docker container ecosystem, deployment using containers, clustering - swarm, Kubernetes, Mesosphere.
- Search engines - Elasticsearch
- JVM performance and GC tuning for server applications
- Approaches to monitoring, performance measurements and instrumentation at high scale
- Build processes for modern Java stack - gradle, maven, Jenkins pipeline
- Recent C++ experience
- Linux and Windows kernel level experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.