Senior Software Engineer - Windows Developer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global datacentres to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Windows Developer
Location: Mohali / Bangalore
The Mobile team at Zscaler is responsible for developing a cross-platform client application for Windows, MacOS, Android, IOS and Linux, to securely steer endpoint traffic to Zscaler cloud. You will be the MS Windows programming domain expert on this team and bring your endpoint software development experience to the team. You will ideally have worked on a VPN client or like client application and understand the intricacies of multi-version multi-platform client apps. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuing engineering.
- Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security client on variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Linux.
- Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules
- Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases.
Required Skills :
- 5+ years software engineering experience, with emphasis in Microsoft Windows enterprise applications development
- Basic knowledge on Networking (VPN) and OS is needed
- Experience in leading, architecting, designing and debugging complex networking features on Windows
- Excellent with Windows UI / API development using C++ and/ OR C# technologies
- Windows desktop application or driver development experience
- Knowledge on tools like Visual Studio, WinDBG, Wireshark, fiddler
- Exposure to networking domain and proxies is an added advantage.
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired skills :
- Hands on Windows Networking programming experience with NDIS or LWF
- Understanding of Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols.
- Good understanding of one or more operating systems: Mac, Android or iOS is desired.
- Good understanding of security concepts such as PKI, VPN or firewall
- Strong understanding of network security technologies.
Education Requirements :
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field is required
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.