Principal Software Engineer, Endpoint
Position: Principal Software Engineer, Endpoint
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Mobile team at ZScaler is responsible for developing a cross-platform client application for Windows, MacOS, Android, IOS and Linux to securely steer endpoint traffic to ZScaler cloud. You will have domain expertise in developing networking applications on all the 5 platforms. You will ideally have worked on a VPN client or similar client application and understand the intricacies of multi-version multi-platform client apps. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle – requirements research, discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuing engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for:
- Build and enhance best in class endpoint application for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Linux (ZScaler Client Connector) to securely forward traffic to ZScaler Cloud
- Collaborate with internal ZScaler teams as domain expert for all Mobile platform versions of ZScaler Client Connector.
- Ability to research into new areas of technical areas as the product expands
- Ability to estimate complex projects and build and execute project plans
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for all of ZScaler Client Connector variations to help resolve customer deployment issues and champion the product
- Collaborate with Product Managers to fulfill product roadmap and with Technology partners to bring innovative solutions to market
- 12+ years software engineering experience
- 5+ years in networking Endpoint development
- Hands on Networking programming experience with VPN like technologies
- Strong knowledge of L2/L3 networking protocols and services - DNS, DHCP. HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS
- Experience with Web Proxy, VPN clients and endpoint firewall
- Knowledge of user Authentication mechanisms is a strong plus
- Experience with complexities of a secure and hardened cross-platform software development is a strong plus
- Mobile device Management (MDM) and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is a plus
- Experience developing cross platform end points on Windows, Linux, iOS, Android and Mac
- Passion for excellence in product development processes and best practices is required
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field is required, Masters is preferred
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.